Friday, February 19, 2010

Kids' Books That You'll Love Too


The girls love nothing more than a trip to the library. There's something magical about all of the possibilities there. They can spend hours making their selections, while I endure several heart-attacks racing around trying to find Noni behind the shelves. Then, after I pay off our bazillion dollars in late fees, they come home with their arms full of new books and disappear into their room with their new loot.

Since by now I know every single word of Where The Wild Things Are and Moo Baa La La La by heart, I always enjoy reading Lucy and Noni something new. My favorite books seem to be the ones that make me either laugh out loud or cry. We just got some good ones at the library this week so I thought I'd share some of my favorite kid books below. What are yours?

Seriously Funny:

The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales
by Scieszka and Lane Smith
Skippy Jon Jones by Judy Schachner
Any of the Frog and Toad books by Arnold Lobel
The Three Pigs by David Wiesner
Don't Let the Pigeon Drive The Bus by Mo Willems
Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney (for older kids)

Read With Tissues:

The Lorax by Dr. Seuss
Tell Me Again About The Night I Was Born by Jaime Lee Curtis (I love all her books)
The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein

And Just Because He's Brilliant:

In the Night Kitchen by Maurice Sendak


1 comment:

Toby Murdock said...

wait, about Uno's Garden? for me, that's on the list.