Thursday, June 17, 2010

Evie on England


My dad and Evie are back from their trip overseas, which Evie described as "awesome". We are currently hanging out in Rhode Island for the week so we've got all sorts of time zones going on here, which explains why I am going to bed on Colorado time and waking up on English time...

I asked Evie to describe some of the things she saw on her trip. Here's what she had to say:

Favorite thing about England: The British Museum. It had really cool stuff about history and there was a really cool audio-guide.

Best food you ate: Fish and Chips at Sea Fresh.

Worst part of trip: Trying to go to sleep on the plane.

Most surprising thing about England: Big Ben was smaller than the London Eye.

Thoughts on their accents: Funny.

Biggest difference between England and the U.S.: All the tourist sites because there are so many. Also it's smaller than here.

Weirdest thing you saw: The duck that jumped on our pedal boat in Oxford right next to me and kept quacking.

One thing you learned: Learning how Stonehenge was built without all the resources we have to do stuff.

Welcome home Evie and Nid!

5 comments:

Diana said...

I am glad she had a good time. What a good idea... I'm going to mention it to my parents in hopes that they'll do the same type of thing when Baz and Baby #2 are old enough.

Heidi McGowan said...

I am sure you know this, Kita, but you are so lucky that your dad would be up for this kind of trip. What a wonderful memory Evie will have for a lifetime. I love it!!

sarah said...

I'm so glad she had a great time! What an amazing opportunity!!! Now, where is Lucy going to go?! LOL

Liz said...

Kita - this is so timely! Mike - husband, not brother - just took a job that could potentially move us to Colorado Springs next year. I was out in CO springs in May, and my first impression was "Where is the COLOR?" (second impression: Where is my face lotion OMG I"M CRUSTING AWAY NEED MOISTURE!!! Ahem)

We're going to try to come out this August to scout it out - if I had my druthers we'd head to Boulder, but that whole pesky employment thing keeps getting in the way :)

Liz said...

Doh. I just left that comment on the wrong post. Meant to leave it on the post aout going out east. Sorry!!