Sunday, February 1, 2009

Daddy speak

I felt I needed to add an update after my prior post about Noni learning everything she says from her sisters...

A few nights ago, Lucy was acting too rough in the tub and Toby told her she would have to go to time out if she kept it up. She kept kicking so he held up his hand and began starting to count down towards time out, "Five, four, three..." until she stopped. Last night when I was giving the girls a tub, Lucy started kicking again. Noni turned to her and yelled, "Stop!" Then, before I could say anything, she held up her little hand and started counting, "Five, four, five..."

Apparently she picks up some expressions from her parents as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lately I've been having all sorts of pangs about not having a LITTLE little one ... like walking through the baby section in Target and seeing all the onesies and tiny swimsuits - and knowing I won't be buying any for my own children ever again (until they provide grandchildren, but I sure hope that's a ways off). Reading about Nonie makes me feel the same way. I'm so glad you're writing these things down! ... meg

Christine said...

I love that! Priceless. Shows you how much they are learning from everything going on around them all the time. I can't wait to see her again!