Thursday, March 12, 2009

Update: My little mermaid

A few weeks ago, I wrote a post about Lucy learning to swim. I wrote, "I just want her to be able to swim to the side of the pool if she falls in. Though I'll admit that what I'd really love is for her to jump into the pool fearlessly once again - only this time to resurface from her jump and swim to the other side." My friend Erin read my post and wrote a response, suggesting that we try The Jim Herrick Swim School (http://www.jimherrickswimschool.com/) instead of the Y. We made the switch. Lucy's had all of three twenty minute lessons there and I swear I should be their new spokesperson. Today I watched her swim from one side of the pool to the other, lifting her head up to breathe, with no help at all from the instructor. She can swim! Los Angeles summer pool play dates here we come!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to hear about the difference in instruction - what does the new swim program do that the Y does not?
Yay, Lu!
xxoo Meg

Toby Murdock said...

hooray!

Anonymous said...

I forsee Lucy now as a life guard at a pool, directing the swimmers to adhere to a bunch of Lucy rules and this vision is next summer!!!

Congrats Lucy

Love Poppy

Unknown said...

There is also a swim guy named Brian Lasky that most of the Oakdale kids have taken lessons from. He is amazing and I highly reccomend him. You will be impressed.