Friday, July 23, 2010

Leopard Print, Glitter & Peace


My least favorite errand with kids? Hands down the post office. No matter where I live, the post office is always a trying experience. There is absolutely nothing for the girls to do or even look at. There is always a line. And there is always a woman in that line who has a pile of 20 boxes. Four of them need tape, all of them need to be sent in different ways to different places, and she's going to pay for them in cash. In Boulder this experience is particularly excruciating because our local post office worker is dutifully taking her, um, medical marijuana and is so spaced out that she cannot for the life of her figure out the change for the inevitable woman-with-cash in front of me. I'm not even kidding when I say that three times this year I have finally just given up, left the line and the post office, only to torture myself with having to come back later.

And so, after a post office trip yesterday, I figured Target today was going to be easy. But Target offers the exact opposite problem of the post office. There is far too much for the girls to look at. Whoever decides the layout of the store is brilliant because even if I am in the kitchen appliances section there is something that my kids just can't live without. Today, after half an hour of please please PLEEEEASEs, I broke down and told the girls they could each pick out something from the 75% off rack. It wasn't the best parenting decision. I'm sure there are all sorts of theories about how I just reinforced the benefits of begging while at a store, but we're nine weeks into summer here and, what can I say, I'm weak.

At any rate, buying Evie and Lucy each a $4 dress isn't a big deal. (Noni made out with another mini Disney princess.) It's just that for the rest of the summer, they will be wearing this:





4 comments:

Carl said...

Go to the post office out to the east of Boulder. Much faster!

sarah said...

that is like the perfect storm of little girl fashion right there! LOL Super cute!

Diana said...

i HATE the post office, too. now i do it all online. you can set up an account at usps.com and prepare mailing slips and print them at home, then just drop off at the post office. so much better! not sure if you can just buy stamps though. i still go to the actual post office for that. i just buy a lot at once.

oh, and love the dresses. very sassy : )

Christine said...

I want the sunglasses they got. Tres chic. They look pretty cute all around actually, not too bad for $4!