Friday, April 2, 2010

Best Book Series For New Readers

Recently, Lucy has caught the reading bug. I love that stage when kids transition from struggling with each word to actually reading. All of a sudden it becomes fun. She no longer wants me to read to her at night -- instead she wants to read to me.

She has been learning in school all year, but I have to attribute her sudden interest in reading to a great series that we recently discovered. My mom picked her up the first two at Barnes & Noble a couple weeks ago and we have since bought two more packs of books. The author, an elementary school teacher and mother, understands both the importance of making reading fun. The humorous illustrations and story lines have Lucy hooked. If you have an emerging reader, I strongly suggest this series!

No comments: