Monday, April 19, 2010

The Princess And The Peas


Lucy recently figured out a way to use Noni's princess obsession to her advantage.

Me: Girls, what do you want for lunch?
Noni: Mac and cheese.
Lucy: Pizza.
Me: I'll make one or the other.
Noni: Mac and cheese!
Lucy: Pizza!
Noni: Mac and cheese!
Lucy: Noni, princesses only like to eat pizza.
Noni: Okay, pizza.

I thought this was actually a pretty good strategy. If it worked, I'd just about be able to hang up my parenting hat. I could potentially convince her that princesses always say please, go to bed right away without complaint, love sitting in car seats... the possibilities are endless. So I gave it a try myself at dinner.

Noni: I don't want my peas.
Me: Noni, princesses love peas. Love them. They eat them all the time.
Noni: No they don't.

Sigh. I was worth a try.




2 comments:

Christine said...

That made me laugh! Maybe you should have Lucy tell her that princesses like peas.

sarah said...

I have totally tried to get Ethan to eat stuff by telling him that John Lennon loves it. He doesn't buy it, either, the little stinker.