Monday, September 27, 2010

Mompreneurs



It's been a while now since I worked outside the house. In that time, it's funny how often I've formed friendships with other moms who are home full-time with their kids without ever thinking to ask they did before they had kids. I've had friends who for years had no idea that I was ever a teacher. And I was shocked when, after knowing a friend for months, I found out that she was going back to work as a doctor. I had no clue she was ever a doctor.

Recently, several of my friends have jumped back into work by starting their own businesses. I love seeing moms come up with creative solutions as they re-enter the work world and I love discovering that my friends have talents that I never knew they had. My friend Keri-Ann recently decided to put her love of baking to the test and sold out her pies at the farmer's market. And just today, I learned that my friend Corey designs reusable bags and is starting a crafting blog.

In honor of all of these creative friends, I thought I'd share a couple of their websites:

Corey's reusable bag company (formerly thegoodgiftbag.com, the new site is in development): http://goodbaggage.com/

Hilary's name dots: http://www.kidecals.com/

And I'll celebrate creative family as well:

My mom's palettes: http://possumproducts.com/

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Dina said...

I love this story...and recall seeing a line of 'business' cards that simply stated, "Jack's Mom" with a phone number to call to arrange play-dates for the children. All you entrepreneurial moms, you go girls! You might enjoy reading "The E-Myth Revisited'...a great book for small biz owners, regardless of how large or small you think your business will be.