Monday, September 27, 2010

Evie's Wonders

Evie's homework assignment for the night was to write down fifteen things that she wonders about. I love that her teacher gives her such creative assignments and celebrates his students' imagination in that way. Here's what she came up with:

I wonder...

what it would be like to live on Mars.

if I'll have kids.

if people will remember the Beatles in 2020.

how the dinosaurs died.

if I'll remember my friends now when I'm older.

what I'll look like when I'm thirty.

if I'll ever move again.

if scientists will discover new animals.

if there's a way to walk off the earth.

if there will be new transportation invented.

who I'll have for my 5th grade teacher.

if the sun will run out of light.

what it would be like to travel to Australia.

if someone will find a food with all the vitamins in it.

if we're really just on a speck and someone's holding us and saying, "there's life on this speck!"


I don't think adults don't spend enough time wondering. What do you wonder about?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder
*what the next generation will do to improve the world
*when I'll be able to take my grandchildren to Australia (it's on my bucket list)
*how (not if) the new technologies will contribute to people-to-people understanding and when that will help America and the world govern themselves better
8if I'll fall in love again
*how I am so lucky to have such a great granddaughter

Christine said...

Great reminder for us all to never stop questioning!

Anonymous said...

the silly person who listed a bunch of "I wonders" anonymously was Poppy

Louie said...

i wonder what it will feel like to have a sound mind but a broken down body. If we all live past 100, will we be able to do anything physically

i wonder what it'd be like to have a phenomenal singing voice

i wonder what it'd be like to have two thumbs on each hand. One on each side. I think it'd be super helpful

Jen Leigh, Rochester, NY said...

One of my students once reflected that he thought we stop really living when we stop dreaming. I think the same goes for wonder.

Carl said...

I'm headed to Paris tonight with a large group of deaf Parisians. I wonder whether sign language is different if you're French.

sarah said...

wow, I love her list!!