Friday, May 7, 2010

April Showers Bring May.... Snow?

In December, I no more desire a rose
Than wish a snow in May's newfangled mirth;
But like each thing that in season grows.
-William Shakespeare


Dear Colorado,

You had me at hello. You must know this of course, as you're obviously dreamy with those magnificent mountains and baby blue skies. And even when you started acting all frosty and cold in October, I didn't mind because I thought skiing! And sledding! Winter fun after a year in southern California! But now we have to talk because, well because it's MAY. There are fifteen school days until summer break. And yet this morning we woke up under a blanket of white. I know the mountains look good with a little snow on the top, but I think it's time to embrace the season. My little struggling plants are shivering in their beds. Let's see spring Colorado! Ducklings and green leaves and flowers everywhere you look! I know Maryland sets the bar pretty high for this season, but I'm not expecting you to measure up. I just want to see a little more effort on your part. Let's start with no more snow. Thanks!

Love,
Me

P.S. I should take a moment to thank you for the tree out front. Even though it is currently covered in snow, the pink flowers are spectacular.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Sorry about the snow. But if it makes you feel any better, here in Miami, we've jumped straight into 90 degree, humid heat. Not much better than the snow. And I have a feeling it here to stay...through November.

Toby Murdock said...

you didn't mention your husband's need for open windows, shorts & sandals